Sunday, April 25, 2010

I have been unable to delete an expired trial version of Microsoft Office 2007.?

Going to the control panel and trying to use the add/remove program does not work. I keep getting a message saying "the language of this installation package does not support your system". I called Microsoft and they told me to call HP, that HP modifies their system program to be able to support downloading trial versions of certain Microsoft programs. My HP laptop is an older one and evidently cannot read the Microsoft Office 2007 program to delete it. HP won't help me how to delete this program without charging me a $50.00 fee and warranty has expired. I do not think this is fair. If I had known or been prompted by Microsoft that I could download this program but not remove it once it expired without paying a fee to the manufacturer of my computer I would have never downloaded it in the first place! I would like to know if removing this program is complicated enough to warrant paying this fee or is it something simple that someone out there can help me do myself. Thank you



I have been unable to delete an expired trial version of Microsoft Office 2007.?windows xp service



Do a manual uninstall as a last resort...



Disclaimer:



Manuall uninstalls usually involve editing the registry which if done improperly can render a machine unbootable.... You should make a backup copy of the registry before you attempt to make any modifications....



First try running the original Office 2007 setup program (not from the control panel) Add/Remove programs) ... There should be options to add features, repair and uninstall office. Try using the uninstall from within the setup program. If that fails try repairing Office then attempt an uninstall again.



Try the above again in SAFE mode...



Try performing a system restore using a restore point before MS Office was installed....



Manual Uninstall



Goto the administrative tools in the control panel and click on services Services . Stop the Office Source Engine if it is running.



Delete the following registry keys if present:



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\...



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\...



HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\O...



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\...



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\...



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\...



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentContr...



HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCod...



HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Win32Assem...



HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\*...



HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\*...



Then goto to the following key



HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\...



browse for and delete any listed keys which deal with MS Office 2007



That should do for the registry edits, now delete MS Office folders on the drive



Program Files\Microsoft Office



I have been unable to delete an expired trial version of Microsoft Office 2007.?microsoft xp internet explorerwho is the idiot that gave me a thumbs down the best answer is just my answer in more detail Report It


i highly doubt that u will be able to remove it. are u located in chicago?
Sometimes a trial version will have an uninstall option on the 'expired' page. You can also go to 'start', 'all programs' and look for Office 2007 and see if there is a menu button and if it displays an uninstall option. Next you can do a 'system restore' and that should get rid of it. Short of all of the above, you can go to Windows Explorer and delete the folder that the prgm is in. The only drawback to the last option is that you will remove the prgm but not any system changes or registry changes. If all of this seems cumbersome and you have enough hard disk space, just leave it there, it ain't hurting anything and wait until you find some comp pro who can get it out.
you can go into the program folder and delete the folder then go to the registry in delete the foleder its really not that hard I did it so that dumb AOL would get out of my computer

No comments:

Post a Comment